Sunday, February 2, 2014

Day 2: First Person You Introduced to D&D

The first person you introduced to D&D. Which edition? Their first character.

There was a house party sometime jut after high school. Which, for a bunch of geeky guys meant playing a lot of video-games. I was never much of a drinker, so I ended up behind the wheel with a bunch of drunken yahoos hopped up on too much Mortal Kombat and vodka with gatorade (never a fan of that one, but I suppose it helps with the hangovers). 

One of these guys was a friend of a friend kinda guy by the name of JP. He was a a big, cuddly guy so he sat in the front with me. JP had a bit to much to drink and he kept passing out, dropping his head into my lap. A decade or so later, he was the best man at my wedding.
That was sometime after he`d become a cartoon character.
He was geeky, but hadn't played any tabletop rpgs before so we invited him to our regular 'Geek Nights' (as my father had dubbed it) and he was a regular from then on. We were mostly into RIFTS and WEG Star Wars back in those days, so it wasn't until the 3rd Edition dropped that we started playing D&D again with any regularity.

I think his first D&D character was a ranger based loosely off Brave Sir Robyn named Gil the Dauntless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment