Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Beautiful Blue

Ms. McNarland and her voice have been blowing my mind for almost twenty year now. I've been lucky enough to see her live twice and I can attest that for such a small woman, she had an amazing and powerful voice. I distinctly remember her voice rattling my teeth as I sat on the second teir of Barrymore's Music Hall. 

Initially marketed as a 90's Riot Grrrl, she only barely fit the description but it did her get shown on MuchMusic enough to boggle my meager brain, still soaking in enough leftover teenage hormones to really make an impression. However, it was her voice that really got me and I have remained a devoted fan ever since. She has faded from the scene now, though she still does shows from time to time (east coast, please?). Most importantly she has become a mother and has taken to writing about her experiences in her new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment