Thursday, September 27, 2012

RollCore

I'm working on something which is eating into my time to post anything really interesting here. To force myself to post more often, I'm going dribble out a few pieces of my current homebrew brainstorm:

The Basics

Rollcore (RC) uses one, regular six sided dice for all rolls. For Easy tasks the dice must roll 1, 2 or 3 to succeed. For Moderate tasks, the dice must roll 4 or 5 and for Hard tasks the dice must roll a 6. Each of these categories is referred to as the Difficulty Level. There is also a Difficulty Level known as Impossible (roll 7+).
Note that for an Easy task is not roll 3 or better, rolling a 4 or more means that the roll has failed; for a Moderate Task, rolling a 1-3 or a 6 means the roll has failed; and for a Hard any roll 5 and below. 
That is pretty much is for mechanics. The rolls can be altered with Traits or BS points, which will be discussed at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment