Friday, July 15, 2011

Getting the Band Back Together

So after weeks of back and forth emails, we are finally planning on doing a skype'd RPG session at the end of the month. Once we decided to play, it was up to me to decide whatWHAT we wanted to play.

Playing one of our old campaigns from the glory days seemed, sacrilegious somehow. The only one that holds much interest anyway is our old d6 Star Wars campaign and we've long since taken the characters from New Hope through Return of the Jedi and are now venturing into the murky realms of the expanded universe. Personally, I prefer to stick to the old Marvel Comics timeline, but that is another topic for another time.

I've been collecting and collecting a lot of games lately (older games, old school revivals and new systems). There are a few that stood out, so I gave few suggestions to my players and the hands down winner for what they wanted to play was the game I picked up at a garage sale a few years ago and became THE reason for my renewed interest in roleplaying.

I am honestly surprised that this did not become a bigger hit. Reading through it, then watching the movies and as many of the old cartoons as I could find, plus playing through the recent video game, it would seem to me that this is a perfect set up for a game; a group of misfits teamed up to combat a supernatural threat. Not to mention all the gadgets and monsters!

Which sparked an idea off another game I have taken to collecting, but never really expected to be able to play. What other game has a group of misfits investigating paranormal activites...?


This is going to be awesome…

No comments:

Post a Comment