Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The State of Things

-My online Crown of Command game is progressing. Slowly. But progressing.  I've got five players and I average about one play a day. The basic Adventure Card deck, with a slew of  Munchkin and Homebrew cards now added in, is now close to 1,000 cards. My personal favourite was the surprisingly well done set of  'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' homebrew cards I found. Now players can explore the Caves of AAAAaagh!, visit the Old Man from Scene 24 and take Sir Not Appearing in this Game as a follower.
Timescape Card
Object
Tactical Nuke
Win ANY combat at the cost of 2 Lives
One use only, then discard.

-RPGSOLO: this looks interesting. I found the link through the TWERPS yahoo newsgroup. Haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but I am hoping to soon.

-A-Z Carnival
Its not too late to jump on this, but I'm having trouble coming up with a theme. I've given myself until Saturday to think of something.

-Antlion
From Real Monstrosities. I'm amazed that the dire/giant/rabid version sucker doesn't pop up more in rpgs. 

-I am also a raging Legomaniac and I follow the Brothers Brick religiously. The stuff there constantly fills me with awe, and not a small amount of jealousy (I want to be that talented ... I want that many bricks!). The stuff on the site is almost consistently amazing, but Mike Doyle's city of Odan  has blowed my mind.

SAD NEWS
-Roger Ebert's cancer is back
I gotta say reading these kinds of things scares the hell out of me. Doesn't help that my next oncology checkup is next Friday. It also reminds me that I did most of last year's A-Z while in hospital hooked up to chemo drips, so I suppose that all things considered, I'm ahead of the game this year. 

-Ian Banks has cancer
If you have not had a chance to read any of Mr. Banks's novels, I cannot stress how good they are. If you are a fan of the rpg Traveler and you have not read Mr. Banks ... then go find them and we'll see you again in a month or so. 

The unsung collaborator of Jim Henson, her role in creating the most beloved children's franchise cannot be understated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment